Failure to follow our instructions will result require in cancellation of your procedure for that day.
You should not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your appointment. This includes water and coffee. Do not have a large meal or alcoholic beverages after 9:00 pm the evening before your appointment.
- If you normally take a prescription drug in the morning, please ask your oral surgeon whether you should take it the day of the appointment. If so, or if prophylactic medications are needed, a small sip of water should be used when taking the medication to help drug absorption.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery.
- Legally a responsible adult must come with you to the appointment, be present in the office during the procedure, and accompany you home.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses and dentures should be removed before surgery. If you wear glasses please bring them with you.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- If you have any illness such as a cold, the flu, a sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify us before your appointment.
- You should not drive, operate hazardous machinery or make important decisions for 24 hours after surgery. Arrangements should be made to have someone care for you at home.
If you have any questions regarding the instructions or your planned anesthesia kindly contact our office 845-340-1962.