Dr. Matthew Hilmi
Born and raised in Westchester County, Dr. Matthew Anthony Hilmi is a lifelong resident of the Hudson Valley. He is a long-time resident of Rhinebeck, NY.
Dr. Hilmi was the first dual-degree oral and maxillofacial surgeon to establish a private practice in the Hudson Valley region, having graduated from both dental and medical school with distinguished honors status. The doctor specifically practices the dental specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery, and provides services in both the office and hospital settings.
Dr. Matthew Hilmi is one of the only oral and maxillofacial surgeons to provide active hospital care with full admitting privileges in the Mid-Hudson Valley region. His training was developed through many years of hospital residency-based work at Lincoln Medical Center/Weill Cornell Medical College, a Level 1 Trauma Center in NYC. The doctor’s surgical skills have been perfected through more than 20 years of postgraduate practice experience and thousands of hours of advanced education in the specialty.
As a healthcare professional, Dr. Hilmi stays up to date on the latest advances in the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery in order to provide the most current treatment options for his patients.
As a doctor, he recognizes that his patients are unique individuals who have placed a great deal of trust in the entire team of care providers. That is just one of many reasons he values each and every patient interaction.
The doctor has spent many hours volunteering services for humanitarian missions in South America. His main focus was providing cleft palate repair surgery for the indigent.
Dr. Hilmi and his staff take pride in the fact that most healthcare professionals in the region refer their patients to the practice. Recognition of the doctors skills and dedication, paired with patient trust, foster the highest quality of individualized care available in the Mid-Hudson Valley region.
To discover how years of experience and an individualized approach translate into superior quality of care, contact Mid-Hudson Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, PC today. They perform an array of oral surgical services in Kingston, New Paltz, Rhinebeck, and communities throughout the Tri-State area.
Dr. Hilmi spends his spare time perfecting his skills in aerial photography and is actively pursuing flight instructor certification in helicopter piloting. He is an avid automobile enthusiast as well. His other passions include the fine arts and he is an established patron of the Philadelphia Museum of Arts. In addition, he can often be found attending art exhibits and musical events at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. Objectively analyzing human constructs is another one of the doctors passions.
- Mid-Hudson Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, PC – 1999 to the present
- Chief resident in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Lincoln Medical Center – 1996
- Residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Lincoln Medical Center – 1992-1995
- General dental practice – 1990-1992
Professional Organizations/Hospital Affiliations
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- Third District Dental Society
- Westchester County Medical Center, Westchester Health Center Network
- New York Medical College Alumni Association
- New York State Police Surgeon
- UlsterCounty Chamber of Commerce