Dr. Matthew Hilmi
Born and raised in Westchester County, Dr. Matthew Anthony Hilmi is a lifelong resident of the Hudson Valley. He is currently resides in resident of Rhinebeck, NY.
Dr. Hilmi was the first dual degree oral and maxillofacial surgeon to establish a private practice in the Hudson Valley region, having graduated from both dental and medical school with distinguished honors status. The doctor has chosen to specifically practice the dental specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery, providing services in both his private office, outpatient sugical centers and hospital settings.
Dr. Matthew Hilmi is one of the only oral and maxillofacial surgeons to provide active hospital care with full admitting privileges in the Mid-Hudson Valley region. His training includes many years of hospital based residency training at a Level 1 Trauma Center. The doctor’s surgical skills have been perfected through more than two decades of postgraduate practice experience and thousands of hours of advanced education in his chosen profession.
As a specialist, Dr. Hilmi stays up to date on the latest advances in the fascinatining field of oral and maxillofacial surgery in order to provide the most current treatment options available for his patients.
As a surgeon, he recognizes that his patients are unique individuals that place a tremendous amount of trust in his entire team and network of health care providers. That trust is a matter of pride and honor forming the cornerstone of his practice.
Dr. Hilmi has spent many hours volunteering services during humanitarian missions in South America. His primary focus has been providing surgical repair of cleft palate deformities for indigent populations.
Dr. Hilmi and his staff appreciate in the fact that most healthcare professionals in the region refer their patients to the practice. Paring superior surgical skills,knowledge and trust the team provides the highest quality of individualized dental surgery available in the entire Hudson Valley region.
Dr. Hilmi spends his spare time perfecting his aerial photography skills and is actively pursuing flight instructor certification as a helicopter pilot. He is an avid automobile enthusiast as well...currently redesigning/creating his version of the real street V-Coupe. His other passions include the fine arts and he is an established patron of the Philadelphia Museum of Arts. In addition, he can often be found attending art exhibits and musical events at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
To discover how decades of experience and how a private practice approach translates into superior quality of care contact Mid-Hudson Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, PC today. They perform a fullscope of oral and maxillofacial services in Kingston,NY New Paltz,NY Rhinebeck,NY and communities throughout the Tri-State area.
- Mid-Hudson Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, PC – 1999 to the present
- Chief resident in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Lincoln Medical Center – 1996
- Residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Lincoln Medical Center – 1992-1995
- General dental practice – 1990-1992
Professional Organizations/Hospital Affiliations
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- Third District Dental Society
- Westchester County Medical Center, Westchester Health Center Network
- New York Medical College Alumni Association
- New York State Police Surgeon
- UlsterCounty Chamber of Commerce
- The National Italian American Foundation